Today’s discerning hotrodder wants to enjoy driving their older musclecar as much as they enjoy driving their new Camaro. You want ride quality. You want handling performance. You DO NOT want to spend weeks or thousands of dollars to accomplish this.
RideTech feels the same way! That is why the StreetGrip suspension system was created.
The virtues of a quality RideTech suspension system have been well-documented on highways and race tracks all over the world. Now, we have combined this history of product quality and racing success into the intelligent hotrodders efficient suspension system – the RideTech StreetGrip!
Go to any car gathering in America, for every 18″ wheel, 14″ brake, 600hp LS engine, 6-speed transmission car you see, there are 300 musclecars there with 15″ rally wheels and white letter tires. These hotrodders enjoy their cars every bit as much as any other “race oriented” enthusiast does but maybe in a different way. The StreetGrip customer likes to fire his car up a couple times a week to drive it to work, make an appearance at the local Cars N Coffee gathering, or maybe just take a weekend cruise. They want it to be smooth, reliable, nimble and FUN to drive!
RideTech has been focused on creating suspension systems that address a wide variety of hotrodders, Street Rods, Sport Trucks, Musclecars, and Racing. We have taken that 20+ years of engineering, racing, and market experience and developed a simple suspension system that is easy to install, rides wonderfully, and provides SERIOUS handling improvements while accommodating that battlefield we call the STREET. The performance criteria for the StreetGrip system is as follows, in order of importance:
- Ride Quality — EVERYONE is concerned about ride quality, ALL the time. If it does not ride good, you’ll never drive it enough to appreciate the good handling!
- Handling — We have optimized the handling characteristics not for competition tires, but for real-world street tires that will see thousands of highway and backroad miles.
- Ease of Installation — No cutting, no welding, no fabrication, no modifications to fuel lines, brake lines, or exhaust. The StreetGrip system is a DIRECT replacement for your OEM suspension components.
- Complete System in One Box — No worries about compatibility of various components. Nothing else to buy.
- Price — In the $2000-$2500 range. Right legs and firstborn children not accepted 🙂
We feel that we have met every one of these goals better than anyone has ever done it before!
- Easy to install – direct replacement for factory suspension – no other modifications necessary
RADICAL improvement to ride quality and handling performance
- Composite rear leaf springs offer linear spring rate and saves 70lbs of unsprung weight!
- Vehicle-specific dual-rate front coilsprings offer the best of both worlds: ride quality AND crisp handling
- Delrin front control arm bushings eliminate unwanted movement and stiction in front suspension
- Tall balljoints dramatically improve OEM camber curve to give your car a much more stable feel through the corners
- Larger front swaybar minimizes unwanted body roll through the corners
- Delrin swaybar bushings eliminate unwanted movement and stiction in the swaybar to improve ride quality and handling performance
- Vehicle-specific RideTech HQ series rebound adjustable shocks offer the ultimate in ride quality and handling performance
RideTech StreetGrip Suspension Applications:
1967-1969 Camaro / 1968-1974 Nova
1970-1981 Camaro / 1975-1979 Nova
1964-1967 GM A-Body
1968-1972 GM A-Body
1958-1964 Impala (COMING MARCH 2016)
1964-1970 Mustang (COMING MARCH 2016)
1964-1972 C10 Truck (COMING MARCH 2016)