The all-new Hawk HP+ Brake Pad compound is the result of rigorous testing and engineering from Hawk Performance to let you enjoy the ride from the street to the track. The new HP+ exhibits lower pad wear and noticeably improved rotor wear over the two previous compounds. Not only does the new HP+ have reduced pad and rotor wear, but it can be quieter and less dusty with some applications while exhibiting less temperature sensitivity, for improved modulation and driver confidence.
Designed with Hawk’s prior heavy braking performance and wear-resistant compounds in mind, these pads behave well under heavy use.
Their test vehicle was a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and they used the one piece pad design pictured above. The fixed piston caliper design can be very noise prone especially with aggressive pads so this makes for a great test vehicle.
They bedded the pads and had run them for a few hundred miles in warm weather and the results are very favorable. They have done a mix of back roads, city and highway driving.
• Pedal feel is strong and consistent with smooth powerful braking.
• Braking power was maintained even as the pads got hot.
• They generated some slow speed squeal at ‘parking lot’ speeds.
• They are performance pads so they will make some brake dust.
• There are many applications where these may be the ideal pad for you.
The video below is an overview of their test.