Owners of the new Dodge Challenger will quickly find any number of ways to add power to their cars. There are many options, from a bolt-on supercharger, to complete limited edition vehicles. But with all these upgrades, you’re going to need to harness that power. Baer Brakes has a solution.
Baer Brakes has recently made available two different systems for late model Mopars, including the hot SRT8 versions – the Pro Plus and Extreme Plus.
We’ve already LINK_TO told you about Baer’s newest system, the Pro Plus, which has 6 piston, 2 piece, billet calipers available in Red, Black or Silver powder coated finishes and 14” diameter, slotted, drilled and zinc plated rotor’s, front and rear! The Baer Pro Plus system provides amazing stopping power at an affordable cost.
The 6P calipers used in the Pro Plus were designed with driving enthusiasts in mind. State of the art engineering techniques result in the stiffest possible caliper design. The end result is better brake modulation resulting in superior control, while shortening stopping distances and increasing fade resistance. Employing the same pad as is OE on Corvette C5 and C6 applications; this high performance pad style is available in more compounds ranging from street use to full race than that of any other pad, including many compounds available directly from Baer.
Pro Plus Design Features:
• Designed for 18” or larger wheels (always check fitment, just in case)
• State of the art, leading edge technology, 6P calipers used at all four corners
• Two-piece, 14” diameter rotors, standard with slotted, drilled and zinc washed finish
• Calipers use the same pads as the Corvette C5 and C6
• Only Baer offers 4 wheel systems that have matching 6P calipers at all 4 corners
• Meets full DOT specifications
• Smooth contours and your choice of standard Red, Black or Silver powder coated calipers
• Thousands less than systems using comparable calipers with similar technology
• Increased brake torque, fade resistance and improved pedal feel
Priced at $1,995.00 per axle.
If you’re looking for something beyond the Pro Plus system, you need to check out Baer’s flagship system, the Extreme Plus. Designed as an upgrade over the factory SRT8 factory 4 piston calipers; these systems are also available for non-SRT8 models as well. With massive 6-piston, forged Monobloc calipers, and 15” diameter by 1.250” thick, slotted, drilled and zinc washed rotors these are the most technically advanced brake systems ever offered for road going use.
Extreme Plus Design Features:
• Fits factory, 18” wheels (always check for proper clearance)
• State of the art, competition derived, 6S forged Monobloc calipers used at all four corners
• Two piece, 15” diameter rotors, standard with slotted, drilled and zinc washed finish
• Only Baer offers 4 wheel systems manufactured for the New Challenger that has matching 6 piston calipers at all 4 corners
• Race bred, “purposeful” design elements and your choice of standard Red, Black or Silver powder coated calipers
• Technology not available for road going use from any other manufacturer. Baer has it, they don’t
• Competition level, braking power, modulation, fade resistance and pedal feel
• Meets full DOT specifications
Priced at $3,895.00 per axle.
Both systems contain all necessary mounting brackets and hardware, and even come with stainless steel braided hoses, front and rear. Both systems maintain full function of the factory ABS system and both rear systems maintain the use of the factory park brake mechanism. All components meet DOT specifications and are street legal in all 50 states. Ask the competition if theirs is!
Pro Plus – 300C, Magnum, Charger and Challenger (non-SRT8, models only)
• Front – 4141038 (R, B or S*) ….. $1,995.00
• Rear – 4142033 (R, B or S*) ….. $1,995.00
Extreme Plus – 300C, Magnum, Charger and Challenger (non-SRT8, models only)
• Front – 4141019 (R, B or S*) ….. $3,895.00
• Rear – 4142018 (R, B or S*) ….. $3,895.00
Extreme Plus – 300, Magnum, Charger and Challenger with SRT8 package
• Front – 4141043 (R, B or S*) ….. $3,895.00
• Rear – 4142036 (R, B or S*) ….. $3,895.00
*R = Red calipers B = Black calipers S = Silver calipers, additional colors available for an additional charge.