SCE’s new Multi-Layered Stainless Steel Head Gaskets are designed – and manufactured – to withstand extreme cylinder pressures in performance engines.
The effectiveness of the MLS Spartan gasket is developed from proprietary manufacturing processes in metal forming and subsequent sealant coating. These procedures include embossing the sealing areas of the stainless sheets followed by a unique stress relieving process resulting in increased spring pressure of the gasket and superior sealing between the block and head.
An added benefit that SCE developed with their MLS Spartan gasket is that no sealing compounds are required. A two part polymer is applied to the outer layers after the stress relieving process which equates to a consistent application, especially surrounding the embossed areas.
Thanks to this unique sealing treatment and the amplified spring pressure of the gasket embossments, the MLS gaskets have proven themselves to be extremely effective when used on engines with different metals such as cast iron blocks topped with aluminum heads. This also allows the gasket to perform even on deck surfaces with machining variations and finishes.
SCE’s MLS Gaskets are available in five thicknesses and a number of bore diameters for Chevy, GM LSX, Ford and Chrysler Engines.
MLS Spartan Close Up
- Precision manufactured from mirror smooth sheets of 300-series stainless steel
- Vertically opposing embossments create maximum spring strength
- No extra sealants are required – a two part polymer provides increased sealing
- Five thicknesses available: .028” .039” .051” .066” .075”
- Available for small and big block Chevy, LSX 454, Ford 302-351W and Chrysler 318-360 engines with stock and larger bore diameters