Paxton Automotive announces the new line of NOVI “SL” Superchargers. A technically advanced centrifugal unit that does not require a connection between the engine oil pan and the compressor gear case… No oil lines!
This new Paxton supercharger design features a uniquely configured transmission housing that allows for effective gear lubrication and bearing temperature control. You’ll also experience cooler air intake temperatures, a shorter installation time, and the ability to service the supercharger oil without removal.
- This technically advanced unit takes the internal oil reservoir concept, pioneered by Paxton in the 50s, and blends this feature with today’s technology providing an alternative to engine oil lubricated-type superchargers
- The NOVI SL will not need to be removed from the engine for oil change service. The service interval, after initial change at 2500 miles, is at least every 7500 miles using Paxton’s proprietary synthetic lubricant
- Helical gear design with 3.6:1 step-up ratio
- The Novi SL supercharger can be installed into any existing Novi 1200, 1220 and 2200 bracketry
- Includes remote fluid drain hose (attached to supercharger) that allows for simple fluid changes without removing the supercharger from the vehicle
- Ventilated gear case assembly. Eliminates any potential internal pressure issues that are currently associated with non-vented competitive designs
- Integrated gear case baffling for proper oil control
- Simple oil slinger design does not require separate shaft or bearing set. Provides proper fluid delivery to gears and bearings
- Supercharger requires 4 oz of special synthetic fluid. With complete supercharger kits, three 4 oz. bottles are included for future fluid changes
- Integrated dipstick for simple fluid checks
The first systems to utilize the new SL will be the 2005-2007 Mustang GT, 1986-1993 Mustang 5.0, and 1964-1968 289/302 Carbureted Applications.
Paxton Automotive has also just announced its 3-year/36,000 mile powertrain limited warranty. This will be available as an option with complete, fully calibrated systems sold and installed in the US and Canada by a select group of Paxton installers.