Ford Racing has introduced a high performance intake manifold for the 2005-2010 4.6-Liter Mustang 3-valve engine. The intake is designed to compliment hot cams, performance heads, added displacement or forced induction.
When used with other performance components, such as ported heads and larger throttle body, it can extend the RPM band and increase airflow while losing minimal torque on the bottom end. Compared to the OE manifold, the Ford Racing intake made 40 more horsepower at 6800 RPMs.
The Ford Racing 3-valve intake was designed using CAD modeling technology and data from the production intake manifold ensuring it’s matched to the volumetric efficiency and unique characteristics of the 3-valve Modular engine. From the CAD model, nylon rapid prototype manufacturing was used to build numerous manifolds with varied volumes and runner lengths that were dyno-tested for power confirmation before final design sign-off.
The Ford Racing 4.6L 3-Valve Performance Intake Manifold has a suggested retail price of $599.95 and is listed as part number M-9424-463V.
Intake Manifold Specs:
• Fits 2005-2010 4.6-Liter 3-Valve Mustang engines
• In testing, a 320cid 3-valve engine with M-9926-3V throttle body: +40hp more than OE stock intake at 6800rpm, and when compared to OE manifold, was within 5lbs/ft of torque throughout entire curve
• Works well with Ford Racing’s hot rod camshafts, high performance CNC ported 3-Valve Cylinder Heads and Ford Racing throttle bodies
• Lightweight composite construction (same material as OE intake manifold), 13lbs vs. 30 lbs aftermarket aluminum intakes
• High-flow runners and open plenum design, fits under factory Mustang hood
• Tested to 2-bar pressure – great for use with forced induction
• Includes Intake Manifold Gaskets
• Requires custom tuning which is not included
Throttle body not included