When it made its debut in 1992, the E36 platform BMW 3-Series was a revelation. A powerful inline six, roomy interior and aggressive styling made every model from the 325i to the vaunted M3 world-class sports cars. Seventeen years later, these cars are an affordable yet highly capable performance bargain. Their one flaw is excessive understeer and body roll, even on the M3. Now you can eliminate understeer, increase traction, reduce body roll and improve overall vehicle balance with a set of new E36 Sport Sway Bars from Hotchkis Performance.
These track-tested fully adjustable bolt-on bars increase front/rear roll stiffness, giving the car crisp, quick turn-in response and balanced handling. The adjustable front bar is constructed of lightweight, durable 1-5/16” (33.4mm) tubular steel with two stiffness settings, 300% and 380% higher than stock M3 bars. The rear bar uses 1.00” (25.4mm) tubular steel and can be set 115% or 140% stiffer than a stock M3. The result is increased stability, crisper and quicker turn-in and the ability to rotate the car on corner entry and throttle-steer when necessary. The system is pre-tuned for auto cross, road course or aggressive street driving.
Hotchkis E36 Sport Sway Bars install easily using greasable polyurethane bushings, heavy duty mounts, precision adjustable rear end links with quiet operating heavy-duty ball joints and high articulation rod ends. Bolt-in rear sub frame reinforcement brackets are also included. Like all Hotchkis Performance products, E36 Sport Sway Bars feature a durable powder coat finish. Pricing is about $806 for the front and rear sway bar set.
• Adjustable Front Sway Bar – 1-5/16” (33.4mm) 300% & 380% stiffer than stock M3
• Adjustable Rear Sway Bar- 1.00” (25.4mm) 115% & 140% stiffer than stock M3
• Bolt-In Rear Sub Frame Reinforcement Brackets
• Adjustable rear end links w/ heavy duty ball joints and high articulation rod ends
• Greasable polyurethane bushings and heavy duty mounts included
• Auto cross & track tuned for maximum performance improvement
• Increased Traction and Stability
• Reduced Body Roll
• Eliminates understeer<br)• Easy Installation